Sunday, September 23, 2012

Gun Shopping with Gun Genie

I'm pretty comfortable with the brands of pistols I own. With that comfort often come with the desire to buy more versions of the same brand because you know what your getting or you know what you want. If you haven't heard of Gallery of Guns and its Gun Genie, then hold onto your wallet because it's just like shopping online with the same satisfaction and quick shipping that you'd expect anywhere else.




I have used Gun Genie in the past to check on the availability of specific guns within my local area. But that's where it stopped because after that, I would head into my favorite FFL and simply ask him to order what I wanted from the Genie. Well recently for the first time I used the Genie to check out a Glock 21 and ordered it online to be shipped directly to my participating dealer. A Glock model 21 is the full size pistol in 45 ACP. It's that simple. I ordered it on a Sunday night and was ready for pickup on Wednesday at my FFL dealer. Of course I had to fill out the ATF paperwork and have the background check completed. All in all, it was simple and quick to get exactly what I wanted.

Glock 21SF in back, 30 up front

Glock 21SF and 30
The Glock 21 I ordered was a short frame (SF) version with the rough texture finish (RTF2). That's kind of a hard combo to find if you only window shop the local dealers, but Gun Genie had 'em. Since I only had it for a less that a week I only have a hundred rounds through it. The Zev trigger is on the way and TruGlo TFO sights are in order, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment