Monday, September 24, 2012

Keep It Inside Your Pants with Milt Sparks IWB Holsters

I think one of the best options for concealed carry is inside-the-waistband (IWB). It's can be challenging to say the least in the search for a good functioanl holster. More times than not, the local shops have too many of the cheapo holsters made of stiff non-conforming leather or some sort of nylon that's more like a Velcro wallet than a carry rig. That wasn't going to cut it for me.

G19 in the Semi-auto Summer Special 2

I took a gamble and ordered an IWB holster by Milt Sparks from Brownells to fit Gaston's model 19. I home carried for some time to break it and me in. It's a comfortable holster that sits well at the 3 to 4 o'clock  position. The idea of IWB is a well conceived one especially when you move around a lot and bend often while tending to the small kids. I do not have to worry about the muzzle sticking out as with a traditional outside the waistband holster. Nor does the IWB look like your ready for a shootout at the OK Corral. Outside the waistband rigs are well suited for out in the field hunting or hiking but not too practical when shopping for groceries. 

I picked up another Milt Sparks Semi-auto Summer Special 2 from Brownells for my other carry piece--Kimber 1911 Tactical Pro II. The same benefits experienced with the G19/23 model carry over to the Commander model. 

Kimber Tactical Pro II

No comments:

Post a Comment