Friday, January 18, 2013

Gun Action Camera: Contour+2



It's been a long time coming, but I finally broke down and bought a cool action camera for the range and general shooting. I did some research and came to the conclusion, the  Contour+2 action camera was for me. The best camera for my purpose, mostly shooting, had to be lightweight, low-profile, easy to mount to Picatinny rails, and HD capable. The Contour+2 has that and then some.


This one has some great features built in. It is Bluetooth enabled which means you can use an Android or iPhone phone as a viewfinder to make sure everything is working correctly. The second feature is that it's GPS-enabled. Not really a big add-on for me because I don't plan on running several miles over varying terrain while shooting on the move, not yet anyways. For mountain bikers this is an added bonus. The free software from Contour called Story Teller lets you view the footage along side an updating map of your route location.





The bundle includes an HDMI cable, waterproof case, USB cable, and 4GB memory card to get you started. There are also a few mounts included in the kit, but I had to buy the Picatinny rail mount and hat mount made by Contour. I guess not many people buy the camera to go shooting. I guess they don't know what it's capable of doing.

Using the Contour hat mount
Check out the Contour website if your are interested in an awesome outdoor action grabbing camera. The Contour+2 is the higher end model they offer with all the wiz bang features. The other one is the Roam2. Both are 1080p capable and about the same size, small and versatile. My Contour+2 is going to be part of my range bag from here on out!

No comments:

Post a Comment